Outgrowing your shared web hosting or looking for more control?
Invest in improved performance, more system resources and greater stability with our VPS hosting.
Our Virtual Private Server Packages
Enjoy more freedom and peace of mind with our fast, customisable and secure VPS hosting.
- 4 TB Bandwidth Indicates how much data your server can send and receive. As you can see our allocations are generous!
- 150 GB Disk Space Disk space is the allocated HDD for any storage used on your VPS. You can use this for anything you want including OS installation, emails, files, databases, and log files. We allocate dedicated physical hard drive space to your VPS.
- 6 GB RAM RAM is the fast, short-term memory available for the operating system, programs and processes to use while the server is running. More RAM increases your server’s performance.
- 3 vCPU A virtual CPU gives you the processing power to handle everything from basic instructions to complex functions. Any time something needs to be computed, it gets sent to the vCPU.
- 5 TB Bandwidth Indicates how much data your server can send and receive. As you can see our allocations are generous!
- 300 GB Disk Space Disk space is the allocated HDD for any storage used on your VPS. You can use this for anything you want including OS installation, emails, files, databases, and log files. We allocate dedicated physical hard drive space to your VPS.
- 8 GB RAM RAM is the fast, short-term memory available for the operating system, programs and processes to use while the server is running. More RAM increases your server’s performance.
- 4 vCPU A virtual CPU gives you the processing power to handle everything from basic instructions to complex functions. Any time something needs to be computed, it gets sent to the vCPU.
- 1 x Static IPs All our packages come with a shared IP address. You can purchase additional dedicated IP addresses either when ordering your package or later when needed.
- Remote/SSH access SSH provides a secure channel over an unsecured network in a client-server architecture, connecting an SSH client application with an SSH server.
- Bandwidth overages This is charged per GB when you go over your bandwidth allocation.
Which Is Right For Me?
Which package should I choose?
It depends on your needs. If you’re just starting out or want to test some development ideas, try our X Small package; if you need something more powerful, then we have a number of options with increasingly sophisticated features leading all the way to our X Large package.
VPS vs the rest
Shared hosting runs on shared virtual resources, and there are no dedicated RAM or CPU allocations. As your site grows, you may encounter performance issues because your website and database require more system resources. This is where Virtual Private Servers come in.
VPS offers you dedicated virtual resources, including your own storage space, vCPU, RAM and bandwidth. By taking advantage of these resources, you optimise your application and enjoy improved performance and greater stability.
How much disk space and traffic do I need?
There are several factors to consider. One is that you can always upgrade should you reach the limits of your package. Another is that the operating system that you choose to install will take up space on your VPS. Because of this, Windows Server is ideally suited to our Large package and above.
When it comes to RAM, the basic rule is: the more you have, the better – obviously within reason! This is because RAM is the fast, short-term memory available for your operating system, programmes and processes. More RAM means better performance.
And, as with desktop computers, access to more CPUs will give you faster and greater processing power.
Additional Options for Your Package
Looking for extras? Here is a detailed list of additional options that can be added to any of our Virtual Server Packages:
|CentOS 6.5||First Install Free|
|CentOS 7.0||First Install Free|
|Ubuntu 14.04||First Install Free|
|Ubuntu 16.04||First Install Free|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard||R349/mo|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard||R349/mo|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard||R349/mo|
|PHP||R200 once off|
|MySQL||R200 once off|
|Static IP add-on (VPS)||R50/mo + R150.00 Setup Fee|
|Storage - SATA 50 GB||R50/mo|
|Storage - SATA 100 GB||R100/mo|
|Storage - SATA 200 GB||R150/mo|
|Storage - SATA 300 GB||R200/mo|
|Storage - SATA 500 GB||R250/mo|
|5 RDP CALS||R285/month|
|MS SQL Server Version
2 core Licence Pack - a minimum of 4 licences is required
|2008 R2 Web||R175/mo|
|2008 R2 Standard||R2,799/mo|
At no point will any of the above charges be applied without first obtaining customer approval.
All charges are inclusive of 15% VAT.
Why we’re better Than the Competition
We offer the highest standards of security both at the data centre and on our network, making your VPS package extremely safe.
Like things fast? Your locally hosted VPS package will have low latency and fast network access.
We’ve sourced a generous offering to provide commercial-grade cloud hosting at affordable prices.
An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate ensures an extra layer of security if you are developing an application that deals with personal or payment information.
We operate 365 days a year! Our expert technical support agents are always here to help you troubleshoot and resolve any issues – simply call, live chat, email or leave us a message.
Rapid Activation & No Contracts
We’ll have you online in no time! No forms and no faxes – simply sign up online or call us. We offer simplified billing, easy terms and no contracts. Plus, you can pay upfront for up to a 20% discount!
Get into your dedicated server anywhere, at any time, with SSH and RDP access.
Safe & Secure
We host you locally in our high-security data centre to ensure high uptime and reliability.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I want to upgrade, downgrade or cancel?
You can upgrade or downgrade your web hosting package at any time simply by logging into your Customer Zone and choosing your new hosting package. Upgrades are instant; downgrades are activated at month end, if initiated before the 20th of that month.
And since there are no contracts, if you decide to cancel your shared hosting service it will be terminated at the end of your current billing period – it’s as simple as that.
What exactly does 'Virtual' mean?
It means a number of physical machines brought together to form a virtual infrastructure. This is then centrally managed and provides a high degree of reliability and availability. The interaction with virtual servers is the same as dedicated servers: you get remote access via remote desktop or terminal SSH.
VPS offers you computing resources at a lower price when compared to dedicated servers, which means that ‘going virtual’ will be more affordable for you or your business.
Tell me a bit more about the process and what I get?
First, you’ll need to decide which package you want, and then you can choose and order your operating system and any add-ons you require. You will get the dedicated allocations and, after we’ve provisioned your VPS, we’ll send you an email with everything you need to get started.
You can stop and start your VPS from our Customer Zone, making it easy for you to troubleshoot, and you will also have full remote and SSH access.
How reliable is gridhost?
gridhost is a proudly South African company with 1000s of satisfied customers and an excellent reputation as one of the country’s top hosting service providers.
Part of our success is due to the fact that our web hosting has been designed to global best practices and delivers bank-grade security, complete with 24/7 monitoring, disaster recovery and light-speed connectivity. And in case something goes wrong, you can depend on us: our expert technical support team is on call every day of the year to ensure high uptime. If you ever need us, we’re just a call, email or live chat away.
Why am I on the gridhost website and not on Webafrica?
Do not click away, there’s a simple answer!
We have decided to split into two separate businesses:
Webafrica (Getting people online) and gridhost (Getting people noticed online) to be more focused in giving you the attention you deserve.
So from now on, your hosting services will be managed by the same people from the same office providing the same services at the same price, all on the same top-notch technology, just with a new name, gridhost.
If you want more details, please read this “not so short” message from our CEO regarding the split.
Click Here to log into your gridhost customer zone (Your login details from Webafrica will remain the same)