Your name, email and address could be online for all to see…
Did you know, when registering a domain name, your personal details are submitted as a requirement to the WHOIS database, which is searchable, by anyone. This often leads to people mining this data and selling it to advertising agencies and marketing firms.
Can you hide this information?
Yes you can. With our new ID Protect service, from just R99/year, you can now easily mask your details by simply enabling it on your domain.
This is how:
Your domain is with Gridhost:
Congratulations – this will be easy!
– Visit “My Domains” in your Customer Zone.
– Click on the green “Active” button next to the domain you wish to enable ID Protection on<
– Click the “addons” menu item in the left menu
– Select the red “Buy Now” button
– Complete your order
Your Domain is not with Gridhost:
Congratulations – this is also pretty easy – just transfer it to us
– Visit our Domain Transfer page
– Enter the domain you wish to transfer and click the “Transfer” button
– Ensure “ID Protection” is selected for “ticked”
– Enter any DNS records you wish to update
– Click the red “Update Cart” and continue with your order
Within 24 hours (sometimes up to 48 if you need to transfer your domain) your identity will be protected online.
Have a look at your own WhoIs Information:
- if .co.za, .net.za, .web.za, .org.za, .africa, .capetown, .joburg or .durban then click here and enter your domain
- for all others click here
For more information or if you have any questions, kindly contact us on 086 000 9584.